First released in 1993, Doom is one of the most popular video games of all time. Thanks to a team of talented volunteers, you can now experience this classic first-person shooter on your Oculus Quest headset for free. Here’s how:
- Install SideQuest on your Oculus Quest. See our full guide on setting up SideQuest.
- Download and install QuestZDoom from the SideQuest store on your Quest headset.
- Open the QuestZDoom Launcher on your Oculus Quest.
- Select ‘Download Core Games’ from the QuestZDoom Launcher and install FreeDoom Phase 1 along with any other core games you’d like to try.
- Select ‘Go to Hell’ to launch Doom and begin playing.
QuestZDoom offers a ton of mods, custom maps, sequels and options so be sure to explore the launcher and play around with the various settings. What we like most about this Oculus Quest port is that it allows full VR gun control.
Platform: SideQuest for Oculus Quest